All News & Events
- Heart Healthy Valentine’s Day Recipe February 18, 2020
In celebration of American Heart Month, please enjoy these two delicious heart-healthy recipes below:
- Are You Antibiotics Aware? January 2, 2020
Spurred by Alexander Fleming’s serendipitous discovery of penicillin in 1928, antibiotics have rightfully become wonder drugs, often able to change the course of deadly bacterial infections in a matter of days. But in recent years, their unmatched healing power has become overprescribed and overutilized, leading to concerning ... Continue Reading
- Oh, My Aching Head January 2, 2020
A dull pressure, a sharp pain, an uncomfortable pounding, a vise-like sensation – all can signal the start of a headache. A painful part of the human condition since the beginning of time, more than 150 different types of headaches have been identified, categorized and treated in ... Continue Reading
- Meaty Topics: Impossible Burger & Beyond Meat January 2, 2020
They’re 2019’s most sizzling success story, found everywhere from grocery freezer to fast food counter. Impossible Foods and Beyond Meat have brought the plant-based burger from fringe to mainstream with remarkable rapidity. So quickly, in fact, that despite their ubiquity, questions abound regarding the burgers’ benefits. What ... Continue Reading
- An Update on the Measles Outbreak in the US April 29, 2019
What are the newest guidelines for measles vaccinations?
- Adults with no evidence of immunity should get 1 dose of MMR. Immunity is defined as documented receipt of 1 dose, or 2 doses, 4 weeks apart if high risk, of live measles virus-containing vaccine, laboratory evidence of immunity or ... Continue Reading
- American Heart Month: Healthy Recipe February 7, 2019
February is American Heart Month.
Click here to find a list of other heart-healthy recipes provided by the American Heart ... Continue Reading
- Dr. Asher returned from her medical mission in Santiago, Dominican Republic September 25, 2018
I was proud to be part of a team of 80 doctors, nurses, physical therapists and volunteers who traveled to ILAC Center in Santiago, Domincan Republic for a medical mission sponsored by the Cuban Order of the Knights of Malta. In the 4 days the medical team treated close to 1,000 patients.
- Should You Choose a Female Doctor? September 5, 2018
In the news:
The New York Times recently published an intriguing article titled “Should You Choose a Female Doctor?” citing studies and interviews showing that female doctors tend to listen more, and their patients fare better as a result. While I’m delighted to see this high-profile endorsement, I believe the evidence actually points not as much ... Continue Reading