All News & Events
- An Update on the Measles Outbreak in the US April 29, 2019
What are the newest guidelines for measles vaccinations?
- Adults with no evidence of immunity should get 1 dose of MMR. Immunity is defined as documented receipt of 1 dose, or 2 doses, 4 weeks apart if high risk, of live measles virus-containing vaccine, laboratory evidence of immunity or ... Continue Reading
- American Heart Month: Healthy Recipe February 7, 2019
February is American Heart Month.
Click here to find a list of other heart-healthy recipes provided by the American Heart ... Continue Reading
- Dr. Asher returned from her medical mission in Santiago, Dominican Republic September 25, 2018
I was proud to be part of a team of 80 doctors, nurses, physical therapists and volunteers who traveled to ILAC Center in Santiago, Domincan Republic for a medical mission sponsored by the Cuban Order of the Knights of Malta. In the 4 days the medical team treated close to 1,000 patients.
- Should You Choose a Female Doctor? September 5, 2018
In the news:
The New York Times recently published an intriguing article titled “Should You Choose a Female Doctor?” citing studies and interviews showing that female doctors tend to listen more, and their patients fare better as a result. While I’m delighted to see this high-profile endorsement, I believe the evidence actually points not as much ... Continue Reading